Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wild Goose Chase


I've always loved to write...and so begins the process of making my thoughts, revelations and just more of my story open, to you, my friends, family and anyone else that may stumble across.

The Wild Goose Chase...
“Celtic Christians has a name for the Holy Spirit – An Geadh-Glas, or the ‘Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger, an air of unpredictability surround Him. And while the name may sound a little sacrilegious, I cannot think of a better description of what it’s like to follow the Spirit through life. I think the Celtic Christians were onto something…  
Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the time. And I know that is unsettling. But circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: Adventure.”

This is an introduction to the book Wild Goose Chase, written by Mark Batterson, and honestly, I can't think of a better way to describe how I've felt pursuing the Spirit the past few years. Lots of questions. Lots of unanswered prayers. Lots of frustration as I've sought out what exactly God wants to do with me. 

And to what end?

Through transferring schools, gaining new community and opening my heart even wider to receive whatever it was God was trying to do in me, I still felt lost. With no vision, no understood purpose, it's impossible to fully apply yourself. Proverbs 29:18 even goes to say it's dangerous for a man to not know his purpose, that he "casts off restraint." I want to be dangerous FOR the Kingdom, not a danger TO it!

So what now? Well I love Batterson's quote on that "circumstantial uncertainty"...the adventure. I don't want to "arrive at death safely" but rather "start playing offense with my life...making daring plans."

The first of these daring plans involved moving to Mijas, Spain for six months to attend a leadership academy where I am believing my purpose will be made clear, vision will be gained and I will be equipped and sent out to fulfill that purpose! I've already been here a week and I'm expecting God to do huge things in my heart. For Him to break me down, refine me and prepare me to accept the responsibility He has for me here on earth.

Can't wait to share as He does work on me.

So here we grow.

much love, sons and daughters of God

Knox

Here's the link for Mark Batterson's book, Wild Goose Chase:

And here's a link for the school I'm attending this semester:



1 comment:

  1. Knox. Your dad shared this link with me today. Looking forward to hearing more about your "chase"!

    ReplyDelete