Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day in the life.

Wow. Already in the middle of my third week here in Mijas, Spain and I'm daily being challenged and pushed deeper than I've ever been. I've been getting slapped in the face by the Holy Spirit, spiritually and physically. Literally slapped. The head of G42, Andrew Shearman, is a fiery man of God that has a huge heart for challenging men to "quit playing silly little games" with their lives and rise up to claim the inheritance God has for them. He has challenged us to rise up among a culture of emasculated men and accept the call to greatness in Christ, where WE have domain over this earth. He gets so fired up, that he'll actually slap us men. It's so loving. So challenging. I intentionally get to class early for a front row seat, and make sure to wear contacts, not glasses, so he'll have more of my face to slap. It's brilliant! It stirs my heart and forces me to rise up as a man. There's an anointing in that slap that is incredible. I want more of it.

I digress. I'll save more for Shearman in another post. But I thought I'd give you a picture of what my week looks like here:

Monday through Thursday, we have class from 9:30 am to 12pm and then 2pm to 4pm. Throughout the semester, we'll have the directors of G42 as well as special guests from a wide range of ministries and organizations to teach us on subjects such as: Discerning Life's Calling, Leadership, Purpose, Equipping, New Covenant Realities, Social Entrepreneurship, The Culture of Non-Profits and many more.

The rest of the time is ours to spend however we wish, and to this point, most of that has been spent processing and praying through the lessons and revelations from each class. When not trudging through all this wisdom, you can find us adventuring as a community: hammocking, reading, slacklining, hiking through the mountains found at our backs, grabbing a drink at Roger's pub, or taking the bus down into Fuengirola and hitting the beach, shopping centers and restaurants. The world, at this point, is our playground, as it should be.

At the moment, there's two houses, each with about eight interns (students) in. Each week, cleaning and cooking responsibilities are divied up. Two are in charge of buying groceries for breakfast, lunch and cooking dinner for the week for each house and any visitors or teachers that come to visit. The rest set the table, do dishes, and are in charge of cleaning the house. It's been amazing to sit down to a home cooked meal from our friends and eat in great community, having that time filled with fruitful discussion and thoughts from the day.

The community here is incredible. Coming in, I was one of two people, out of eighteen interns, that hasn't gone on the World Race, an eleven month mission trip to eleven different countries. But despite the friendships already formed, we've wasted no time in diving in with complete vulnerability and open hearts ready for radical change and awakening.

Again, I can't wait to write more about my time here, readings I'm working through and revelations I'm having in my own walk. Let me know if there's any questions about all this stuff.

I'm off to class. Here we grow.

Much love Sons and Daughters of God

Knox

No comments:

Post a Comment