Friday, February 24, 2012

Legacy

I know of a stump. The remains of a 750 year old tree.

I visit that stump and study its rings.

I talk to it.

I look for it's fat rings and ask, "How many floods and rainy seasons have you been through?"

I find skinny rings and wonder, "How many droughts?"

I look for burn marks, lightning strikes and bear claw scratches.

I say, "You have been through a lot, tree. You've withstood the tests of time. Through the good and bad, rainy and dry. You've seen a lot of things, important things, things that have shaped this nation."

"But you are just a stupid, old tree."

"No one is going to remember you, or how tall you were, or all the things you have lived through and seen."

"At one time you were magnificent, towering and worthy of awe. Now you're a stump."

"I am a Son of the most high God. The all powerful, all loving, eternal God."

"ETERNAL God."

"Though I will one day pass, my legacy will live one. The branches that flow from me will continue to grow and grow and grow."

"Though my name will be forgotten generations from now, the legacy I leave in righteousness will carry on."

(based off a talk given by Ted Hanson. Check out his ministry academy at: http://schoolofeagles.com/)


Generational righteousness. What we're doing here on earth goes much, much further than our life time. Like the wake of a boat, the decisions we make will affect the lives of thousands during, or after, our time here. What kind of legacy are you leaving?

Much love Sons and Daughters of God

Knox




No comments:

Post a Comment